Tuesday, October 7, 2014

"Eh, screw it, I'll just cut way too many holes in a sheet and say it's comedic"

Hey guys! I felt like writing after today, which was a complete lazy day (my favorite kind of day), maybe I just internally wanted to have accomplished something, but I digress.

The problem with claiming I'm not lazy is that I'm not fooling anyone.

Today was fantastic. In AVP we had file saving issues, so no work was done there. In English we wrote our journal/warm ups, which I'm gonna write more about here, and proceeded to talk about bullshit; That is, we talked more about the bible. Robotics I programmed some, and might've made my programming more complicated than it should've been. Theatre? We cleaned the place, which was okay, and my teacher complimented me on my script critique, which was hella uplifting.

If anyone likes, they can read it here.

Now, to the topic of today, which is basically me fleshing out my journal from English.

The topic was simply "October", and we were given 15-20 minutes to write. A few things stood out in my mind, such as Scare for a cure and Christmas decorations (though that probably belonged in "September"), but one thing that piqued my interest was about the issues I've had with our favorite day at the end of the month, which thankfully rests upon a Friday. Yes, my biggest issue the past few years has been Halloween, and it's not because I don't enjoy this holiday. Who the fuck argues against free candy?

I haven't enjoyed this holiday because I've always been so busy around that time that I've never had any time to think about what I want to be, and then when I finally decide, it's the 26th. Freshman year I was a doctor, because that's the only costume my father could whip up in 5 hours on Halloween night. Sophomore year I was a bit more on the ball, and started my costume a week early, and went as the Tenth Doctor; I even met someone dressed as the Fourth Doctor that night, which was an added bonus.

This year, I've decided way in advance who I'm gonna be. I'm going to be my mind's personification of none other than Captain Yaple. I already have the base clothing; I have the shirt, cardigan, and blue jeans (yes, this is matching my Minecraft skin, deal with it). All I need are the electric shortsword and Particle Magnum with holster and I'm all set. I can be Captain Yaple.

Well, these shouldn't have too many legal obstacles to obtain.
Then again, it's Texas, so who cares that I have a gun?

Now, I suppose I should clarify something that I clarified in my journal. Yes, I address myself as Captain Yaple, yet I refer to myself in the third person; why would I do such a thing, if I'm not insane?

I'm fairly certain McKay and I share the flaw of vanity

It's because I'm not Captain Yaple, not really. I do my best, I allow myself to be pushed by my own will to be like him, but I'm not him. I'm as close as I can be. Captain Yaple, at least my mind's personification of him, is a self-created character. I may have gotten the name from Sophomore theatre last year, but the character is my own. When I heard the name, I thought "yep, that's me", and kept it as myself; however, as time went on, I guess I unconsciously realized this as not true, that I wasn't really Captain Yaple, even though sometimes I am.

Captain Yaple isn't me, but he's how I like and want to view myself. He's the amazing character who I strive to become in life. Other people have such a character too, but not as amazing and awesome as Captain Yaple; they choose their characters from books, movies, TV shows. In other words, I'm one of the few original people in the world.

They chose their character because they were able to relate to that character, at least partially, and they saw something in that character that they wanted to achieve in themselves. People read about Tris, related to her past as a shy, silent girl, and they want to be brave. People watch Captain America, relate to his wanting to do the right thing, and so they want to be a badass and pollute the Patomic to no end (seriously, nobody considered the environmental impacts?).

I look at Captain Yaple, as if gazing into a mirror, and relate to him, because despite being the same person sometimes, we're different. Captain Yaple is who I want to be, confident, brave, badass, the guy everyone knows about and likes. Sure, these qualities describe me, some of the time, but I love being Captain Yaple, I love who he is, and no matter how much of a role model anyone is for me in life, I have no greater role model than myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment