Monday, March 2, 2015

Dear Mom, It Gets Better.

Mom, I know things are hard, and that you turn to me for advice and consolation, and I thought I should write something, since I'm not as apt in 'on the nose' conversation. My blog posts are usually quite comforting to those that read them on a regular basis, and not for the reason that they're trying to find a reason for me to not publish them under my name.

Before you begin your argument, I shall give you my counterargument...the same counterargument I always give you
I know job hunting sucks, and I know you despair, what with your apparent lack of purpose. I thought upon my purpose not long ago, and everywhere I looked I found myself feeling the same way: that I had no purpose, and that there was no place for me. This is a heartbreaking realization to make, and in all fairness, a rather pessimistic way of looking at things. I realized, after a brief period of depression, that I didn't want a purpose to be assigned to me. When you have a predetermined purpose in life, you feel constricted, you're forced to conform into this mold that's set before you. Your purpose in life, whatever it may be, shouldn't be assigned to you by anyone or any sky-zombie except yourself (not saying you're a sky-zombie, that was a shallow reference to Christianity. Something something no such thing as god). A purpose isn't meant to be something you think about in advance, but rather something you realize you've fit into without realizing it. Keep working on finding who/where you want to be, and you'll realize you've found it.

Jean Luc has been through similar endeavors, know that and you won't have as much trouble knowing that Jean Luc Picard has dealt with similar problems to yours

I know taking care of my little sister is tiring, and it pains both of us to watch her in emotional turmoil, as I believe I mentioned. The worst part of any form of suffering is having to watch powerless as someone else suffers. She'll get over it eventually and grow up the right way, someday. All that matters is how we help her deal with it, and I know we can.

Despite the fact that we're not religious, mom, we can still have faith. We can have faith that dad will burden us less, we can have faith that you'll manage to get a job, we can have faith that I'll get my driver's license, graduate from LASA, go to college.

Despite the fact that I'm not religious, mom, I can still believe. I believe in you, mom, and I believe we can get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment