Sunday, August 24, 2014

School Begins Tomorrow, Time To Do Better.

My last day of summer vacation. My last evening of summer vacation. School looms over me, and I know it has to end. I still haven't watched all of supernatural. I'm only on season 8. The move really did take away the time I needed to watch it all.

My goals of the summer are hardly complete. Yes, I managed to finish the latest chapter of my fanfiction. Yes, I managed to learn a little bit about lightsaber combat. No, I didn't watch all of the TV I wanted to watch. I still never had the motivation to do what I wanted to do.

This blog post I'm writing is different than most. Usually I have a clear view of what I want to write about because it's all built up over an extended period of time. Not here. Here I'm just writing as an obligation to a friend, and I don't know what to write about.

Okay....let's just through the basics. I've gotten nowhere with my crush, and one conversation with her shows we share no classes once again. How marvelous. If I turned this into a video blog and started perpetuating crime, there's only one way this could possibly go.

"..."
So back to what we were talking about before this tangent (I actually had to scroll up to see what it was), I think what I want to say is that this year is definitely going to be different from both of my previous years in high school. Freshman year was my setup, Sophomore year was my awakening. What could Junior year be for me?

Thankfully, I've heard on the grapevine that Sophomore year is the hardest out of all the years, and my friend Cole (who tells me he's a lazy ass because of all the shit he went through during Sophomore year) seems to have survived Junior year intact. Hopefully these rumors are true and they don't pull a fast one on our grade. You know how they change it right before it's your turn to participate? Yeah, that. Hopefully they don't do that.

The good news about that, assuming it's true, is that I'll be able to get more personal goals done. Writing fanfiction? In the rush of doing homework, I could very well complete a few chapters of that, to the appreciation of my few readers. I could also learn lightsaber combat or exercise more. I might have the time. Maybe not. I do still need to get a Jedi costume done by October, though.

The force is fun

The fact of the matter is, this year may be the chance for me to better my life even further. I've bettered my sense of reality and awareness of the order of things, but not myself, not any of my life (if anything, my life was blown to shit for a bit there).

And hey, maybe I will get the girl, you never know. I probably won't. She hasn't given any sign she likes me back (hopefully it's because I'm blind as fuck). Also let's hope this definitely doesn't go according to the plot of Dr, Horrible, because her hair is also red like Penny's, and we know how she ended up (if you don't get the reference, watch the damn thing here).

I guess that's all I felt tonight. School's looming over me, my friends await, sadly due to the move I don't have my bus number or a close enough stop, but hey, I'll deal with that shit tomorrow, as always.

Screw January first, today marks a new year. I only hope I can live up to my resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment